Dr. Cody Starnes
Dr. Cody Starnes is a board-certified general surgeon with fellowship training in advanced minimally invasive and Bariatric surgery.
- He grew up in Callisburg, Texas just west of Sherman.
- He graduated from the prestigious UT Southwestern Medical School. From there he completed his surgical training at UT Houston in the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world.
- Dr. Starnes trained at the Texas Trauma Institute, the busiest level 1 trauma center in the world, and MD Anderson Cancer Center, ranked the #1 cancer hospital by US News & World Report. In addition, he holds the highest laparoscopic and robotic technical test scores in the history of his residency.
- He is fully accredited by ASMBS for the practice of Bariatric surgery.
Dr. Starnes has been serving the citizens of Grayson and the surrounding counties since 2015. He has served as the Chief of Surgery and Trauma Medical Director for Wilson N. Jones Regional Medical Center.
He currently provides services at Texoma Medical Center, Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital at Sherman, Carrus Specialty & Rehabilitation Hospital, and Wilson N. Jones Regional Medical Center.
- Undergraduate: University of North Texas – BS in Biology – summa cum laude
- Medical School: UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency – General Surgery – UT Houston
- Fellowship – Bariatric, Advanced Minimally Invasive, and Robotic Surgery – UT Houston
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member of The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons